The mission of the Dunedin Museum is to enrich community pride by sharing Dunedin’s legacy and heritage, to collect and preserve the historical artifacts and documents of Dunedin, and to foster quality intergenerational learning and historical exhibits. The Dunedin Museum maintains its collections and exhibits conforming to the American Alliance of Museum standards.
The 501(c)(3) Dunedin Museum contains approximately 2,000 artifacts, 2,500 photographs, and a library containing 200 volumes of local and Florida history. Included in the collection is an electronic archive of the Dunedin Times Newspaper, from 1924 through 1965.
Permanent exhibit segments feature statewide topics such as the railroad and citrus industries. Regional topics include Dunedin’s multicultural origins, our pioneering families, Mease Hospital, sports history of Dunedin, industries in Dunedin, development of the alligator tank used by the U.S. Marines during WWII in the Pacific, and natural habitats such as Caladesi and Honeymoon Isle.
Andrews Memorial Chapel
The Museum has another facility, Andrews Memorial Chapel, for various programs and private events. The Chapel, built in 1888 and listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings, is located in Hammock Park, 1899 San Mateo Drive, Dunedin.